Zell am ZillerWith an area of 243 hectares, Zell is the second smallest municipality in Tyrol in this respect. Its almost 2,000 residents make Zell one of the more densely populated municipalities of the Zillertal. Even in 1428, Zell's hospitality was well known, which is evidenced by a report of travellers from Italy to Salzburg who mentioned the village and a good guesthouse there!
Not only hospitality has become established in Zell, the oldest private brewery (Zillertal Bier) is located here, and on the first weekend in May every year, Austria's largest spring festival, the Gauder Fest, takes place here..
- tennis indoor (3 courts)
- tennis outdoor (4 courts)
- children's adventure playground
- swimming pool with giant slide
- streetball & basketball
- miniature golf
- cafè - restaurant
- bowling alley
- artificial ice rink in winter
The leisure park in Zell offers tennis lovers unique possibilities. Enjoy a fantastic view of Zell and the mountains in the indoor tennis centre with its two glass fronts. During the warm season you can use the four outdoor courts and a training wall.
Biking232 bike kilometers with direct connection between Zell, Gerlos and Königsleiten are waiting for the discerning mountain biker.
Here's an example: Ride a comfortable 2 km on the road from Gerlos to Zell until you get to the bottom station of the Fürstalm ski lift (1,200 m above sea level). Here you take the right fork of the road just before you reach the guesthouse "Andrea" (the "Brennachweg"). Now you climb roughly 600 m in one hour to the Gerlostalalm (1.770 m) above the timber line. You will be rewarded with a wonderful panorama view of the Zillertal Alps and a feeling of awe and satisfaction deep inside of you. In the directon of the Gerlospass you can see the Hohe Tauern National Park with the majestic Reichenspitze.
hiking - mountaineeringWith its 400 km of impressive hiking routes (all levels) Zell im Zillertal really is a paradise for hikers. A hiking holiday in Zell is a holiday for the senses: walk along the the freshly-mowed meadows, smell the fresh air of the mountain forest, listen to the babbling of the crystal-clear brooks and fully enjoy the magnificent views of the Zillertal mountains!
- Innsbruck - the provincial capital of Tyrol (60 km) Alpine zoo Innsbruck– 2000 animals belonging to 150 species are exhibited in naturalistic pens, terrariums and aquariums.
- Hall - the "mint city" (55 km)
- Schwaz - the "silver city" (43 km)
- Rattenberg - the "glass city" (40 km)
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds – The Swarovski Crystal Worlds invite you to a journey through the dream world of fairy and other tales.
- The "Magical World of Glass" at Kisslinger in Rattenberg. On the over 1000 m² large exhibition area of Kisslinger Crystal Glas, visitors can watch the glass blowers create cups, little glass animals, etc.
- Farm museum in Kramsach (45 km) A collection of historical farms from all over Tyrol. It encompasses an area of about 8 hectares.
- WasserWunderWelt Krimml/Wald (36 km) Experience the fascination of water at the Krimml waterfalls. See many interesting features and have fun in the Aqua Centrum, the Aqua Parc, at the Aqua Vision.
- Planetarium - Observatory Sternwarte Königsleiten/Wald (28 km) Europes highest-up planetarium and its observatory are located in the nearby village Königsleiten. A six-kilometer-long Planets' Path around Königsleiten is supposed to render the dimensions of our solar system understandable for the human mind.
- Nordkette: Experience the "Seegrube" Exhibition Goldmine Zell: Feel how the interior of the mountain is alive and experience 350 years's worth of history of this nearly forgotten trade in a multimedia presentation within the mine. Find out how the work conditions beneath the surface were, how the miners lived and what their social environment was like.
- Alpine road Schlegeis reservoir– see mountain reservoirs.
- Wolfsklamm Stans – go on a soulsearching trip through the Wolfklamm to the St. Georgenberg monastery.
- much, much more - simply ask us, we will be glad to help you!
Welcome to the Zillertal Arena – the largest ski area of both the Zillertal and the PinzgauExperience 160 kilometers of slopes and 55 of the most modern funiculars and ski lifts, and let your day on the skies or snowboard turn into something special. Over 30 huts and snow bars invite you to forget your daily routine. But enough talk, simply come by and discover a world full of fun and get to know new people.
The Arena skiing instructors can make a professional out of you as they teach you the newest techniques and styles. Book a week's worth of skiing instruction, in a group or on your own, take part in breathtaking ski tours or speed downhill in deep snow - or get to know the most beautiful spots and huts of our ski area on a ski safari ...
On the Hainzenberg, just above Zell im Zillertal, there is the longest toboggan run of the Zillertal (7 km long, illuminated at night). You can comfortably get to the start of the run by the Gerlosstein funicular - then the toboggan fun starts!